Monday, November 18, 2013

Author's Purpose

For the past two weeks we have been working on Author's Purpose and let me tell you we've been getting our craftiness on!



This unit was so much fun because we got to visit so many of our favourite books.
Obviously we started with persuade.  We read two of my favs ~ "I Wanna Iguana" and "Pigeon Wants A Hotdog."  I completely forgot to take pictures of our activity for "I Wanna Iguana" but here is a pic from our Pigeon activity.  In the speech bubble they had to beg persuade me to get a puppy.  They were really cute!
We moved on to inform and we complete two different activities.  For the first we read "Fantastic Bats" and then the kids had to record 3 facts they learned.



Then we read a nonfiction book about turkeys and again we recorded three facts that we learned.  I didn't know that turkey sleep in trees!


We finished off with entertain and used Pete the Cat and Froggy books to hit this one home.  I only got pictures of Pete but I loved why they find these books entertaining!

This unit was a lot of fun!  I uploaded the finished unit last night on TpT so if you are looking for some Author's Purpose activities pop over and take a peek:)



I hope everyone is having "fun" doing parent/teacher conferences..lol!

Bye for now,
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! I'm on my way over to your store.

    ReplyDelete