Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!

I absolutely LOVE the book "I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!"  by Karen Beaumont and illustrated by David Catrow.  They are the same people that brought us the book "I Wanna Iguana" so you know this book is awesome!  I have wanted to make a unit about this book for awhile and I finally got to it this weekend.   My students have been eyeballing this book on my table for the past week and I kept shooing them away so they are going to be thrilled when I unveil these activities this week...lol!  I have a split grade 1/2 class so I have included 10 centers in this pack.  I use the first 5 centers for my grade ones and I use the second 5 centers for my grade twos.  This way I can use the pack again next year when some of my grade ones repeat with me as grade twos.  I also included a super cute craftivity that we will do during the unit.   Here's a peek:)




I have uploaded to TpT so you can click HERE if you're interested.

I still have 32 school days to go so I just gotta keep on moving!!

Have a great Monday friends!

Bye for now,
Natalie

2 comments:

  1. Super cute idea! I love adore both of those books, but "I ain't gonna paint no more" is such a fun, fun read aloud. This pack looks great!

    Tanya ☺
    First Grade is Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Natalie! I can't believe I haven't heard of that book, I"m going to check it out. You are so creative:)

    ReplyDelete