Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Two New Math Units With One Groovy Cat!

Howdy!
I know you aren't going to believe this but I only discovered Pete the Cat this summer!  Where have I been? Well I am in love with this groovy cat and so are all my kids!  They just can't get enough of him and they love to read the books during read to self!  I am teaching a split 1/2 class this year so I wanted there to be some continuity in theme for our first round of math centers.  Pete (and Nikki from MelonHeadz) came to the rescue!  I just uploaded 2 new math units to TpT.  The first one is called  "Learning Number Words With One Groovy Cat" and this pack covers number words to ten.   My little firsties are doing an awesome job working independently!  I am sooooo super proud of them!





The second unit is called "I Love My Number Words" (sound familiar?....Goodness, Yes!) and it covers number words to twenty.



The activities are similar in the two units and they run for 2 weeks.  My class has loved these centers and are doing a super terrific job of mastering number words!  

They are such a sweet group of kids!  I sure am lucky to have them this year:)

I hope you're all having a terrific week!

Bye for now,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment