Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Geometry Is Magical!

I love teaching geometry!  It's a nice change from 4 weeks of numeration!  Since I have a split class again this year I had to make another 2D Geometry unit because several of my grade ones from last year looped up with me as grade twos.  So back to the drawing board!  This unit covers the: square, rectangle, circle, triangle, oval, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, rhombus, and trapezoid.  My kiddos will be identifying, describing, sorting, labeling, and comparing 'cuz it's all about the thinking!

Today we started with a really cute activity that made an even cuter display:)






Tomorrow we are working on our 2D Geometry poetry booklet.  Hey - this almost doesn't feel like math!

I just posted my newest unit "Geometry Is Magical" and it is on sale until Thursday night.

I will be using this one with my grade twos and my grade ones will work on my other unit "Monster Madness With 2D Shapes."  I have even included an end of unit assessment and rubric with both units so you have everything you need to teach and assess!







Have a great evening!

~Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment