Friday, February 7, 2014

Five for Friday

What a crazy week!  My kids were nuts!  And now a weekend filled with writing report cards - ugh!
I managed to get some pics so I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.
In the spirit of the Olympics each class in our school was given a country and we were asked to decorate our door.  I was given Russia!  Sorry the picture isn't better:(  Since we are the "host" country I wanted it to look good!  My kids really love the "athletes to watch for" pictures.  I'm still not sure they really get it ~ one little boy keeps telling me that the Toronto Maple Leafs are in the Olympics!

We started our letter writing unit this week.  Since we are using "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse" as the mentor text I made this cute little anchor chart to help the kids remember the parts of a letter.


When I saw this on Pinterest I just knew I had to do it with my kids!  I was so impressed with how well they did!  Some kids used chalk and some used pastels ~ both worked really well:)
If you are looking for the easier classroom Valentine's Day party then you have to try this!
Party in a Bag!  This is the best idea ever and makes classroom parties a breeze!
Click HERE for a copy of the letter and the instructions.  
 More SNOW!
This is what we woke up to Wednesday morning ~ another 20 cm!
What a winter!

That's all for me!
Thanks for stopping by!  Now I'm off to see what you've been up to!

Bye for now,
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie! I love your anchor chart of Lily...that must have taken forever!! Looks great!
    Hope the snow stops soon for you...my husband just got back from Toronto and said there was tons. We are expecting a storm Monday...fingers crossed it never arrives!
    Elyse :)
    Proud to be Primary

    ReplyDelete